Writing is a very achievable goal.
- Have a rough estimate of the number of words you plan to write every day/ week/ month as it suits you. This will help you keep track of how much you’ve actually progressed and set realistic goals.
- Fix an approximate time during the day when your mind is fresh for this kind of work.
- Sit in front of the computer screen everyday even if the words don’t come for 15 minutes to a half hour. It helps!
- Have a plan for the next day before you go to sleep about what to write the next morning.
- Leave a half written section, chapter, or page at the end of the day. This will make you anxiety free the next day at the start as you pick up where you left off.
- Talk to other people at similar stages of the writing process, slightly ahead of you if possible. Read their work.
- Break up the writing project into small sections and think of it that way rather than as a humongous task you have to fulfil.
- Start with a body paragraph and write the introduction last if you’re the kind of person who gets anxious starting at the beginning.
- Have confidence that the writing will come better, faster, and more nuanced as you write more and more.
Just do it!
easy reading is damn hard writing